Purpose: Calculation of the hydroacoustic field (losses along the acoustic energy propagation path) at the specified coordinates and parameters of the source.
* Possibility to choose for the calculations any area of the World Ocean.
* Consideration of various factors affecting the formation of hydroacoustic field:
- Topography and structure of the bottom (on the propagation path);
- Rough surface;
- Depending on the sound velocity profile of (in water and ground) in the propagation path of acoustic energy.
* The wave and ray methods of acoustic field calculation are used to ensure the calculations’ accuracy and efficiency.
* Displaying calculation results in a user friendly form as a spatial pattern with different color palette, corresponding with gradation of acoustic field parameters (level of losses for the propagation path). Ability to withdraw the horizontal and vertical sections of propagation loss.
Research related to study of acoustic energy propagation in the ocean.
During the startup in the main window, you can create a new project or change a previously saved project
The new project asked to enter initial data, choose for calculations an arbitrary area of the World Ocean
In the selected area set the coordinates of start and end points of the route calculation
Using databases for input to the program initial data characterizing the track bottom topography calculation.
Selection of appropriate databases and display the sound velocity profile on the propagation path (in the water)
Selection of appropriate databases and display the sound velocity profile on the propagation path (in a ground)
Input of initial data characterizing parameters of the sound source. Next graph shows the directional characteristics of the emitting antenna.
Input of initial data characterizing parameters of the receiver. Next graph displays the characteristics of the receiving antenna.
Setting the calculation terms. Displays the location of the source and the receiver.
Choosing the acoustic field calculating method (wave or ray method). Starting the process of calculation.
The calculation results: the acoustic energy losses in the propagation of sonar waves on a given route depending on the distance and depth.
The calculation results: Horizontal sectional drawing, describing the losses of acoustic energy on a given route for the selected depth.
The calculation results: Vertical sectional drawing, which characterizes the loss of acoustic energy as a function of depth for a given distance.